Become a #YCM Ambassador!
Young ChangeMakers Challenge is a global community where young people from all over the world come together to develop and implement solutions for pressing issues they see around them.
The 2022/23 edition launches in November 2022 – are you under 30 and already experienced in changemaking? – Become a #YCM Ambassador and be the of catalyst of youth voices worldwide.
Mobilise, inspire and mentor engaged youth in your community, develop your global network and receive training and mentoring as a change leader yourself.
- Mobilize engaged youth in your communities willing to join the #YCM Challenge
- Co-facilitate a Regional or Global Dialogue Group and bring in your expertise
- Mentor international participant teams during and after the Challenge
- Be a catalyst of youth voices worldwide & gain experience to become a Change Leader
What's in it for you?
- Receive Training & mentoring from senior Impact Leaders.
- Gain experience in co-facilitation and mentoring youth dialogues and innovation teams
- Expand your global network of leading organisations and likeminded peers
- “Training in Impact Leadership” Certificate & recognition in the #YCM Youth Briefing
Become an Impact Leader
Your profile: Experienced Changemaker Under 30
Are you under 30? Do you have prior experience in changemaking and social innovation with your own initiative, as a member of an NGO, or in a social impact start-up? Are you active in youth communities?
Then, JOIN US!
#YCM Challenge Agenda 2022/23
Tasks & Responsibilities
October – November 2022
Community engagement phase to activate youth communities worldwide.
December 2022 – March 2023
Youth Dialogue Groups
Regional and Global Dialogue Groups to investigate the challenges youth communities seek to solve the most.
International Teams join together around a chosen issue and develop a creative solution, prototype and pitch. Simultaneous local editions in Barcelona & Vienna.
May 2023 – Onwards
#YCM in Action
Teams implement their solutions with the support from experienced mentors and the #YCM Team.
Training and Activation
Encourage youth participation and be trained by Senior Impact Leaders – including Design Thinking and Agile Methodologies.
Facilitate Youth Dialogue
Facilitate Dialogue Groups offering your expertise and know-how to other participants. Spot issues to be addressed and ease participants’ experience.
Support International Teams
Provide guidance, address issues, and encourage international teams to find innovative solutions to the problem they seek to solve. Connect teams working on similar issues to foster cross-fertilization.
Support teams implement their solutions and bring attention on the goals achieved by youth communities worldwide and reported in the Youth Briefing.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a 90 minute long session where we will discuss the challenges that matter to youth , with participation from young changemakers from all over the world. Each dialogue group session will revolve around a topic of interest or focus on a specific global region.
The YCM Challenge is a 2 week long event that takes place once a year. Young changemakers join an international team online and work around a chosen challenge and develop a creative solution, prototype and pitch: following the proven #YCM methodology.
- To make the YCM initiative known in your country/community via social media and personal contacts (we will provide communication support)
- To solve doubts of potential participants and encourage them to sign up
- Coach one or several YCM teams: provide guidance, solve doubts, encourage them to reach their goal
- Connect teams working on similar topics with each other, across countries
Yes, you can be an ambassador and also be a participant of the Dialogue Groups and Challenge
- Networking calls with other ambassadors and participants, like minded people from all over the world
- Online training seminar on the YCM methodology based on Design thinking and Youth Participation & Engagement
- A certificate for training and successful coaching activity completion
- Being a part of an initiative recognized with a EU Charlemagne Prize and Erasmus Funding
No, you are free to participate to the extent you wish.